Basetwo Media is a video production agency established in Vancouver, BC in 2004. We have a long track record of helping businesses to get results with their video marketing and communications.
Our team is based on a combination of full-time, on-site staff, along with part-time specialists and a roster of freelance production staff. We’re a well-established, rapidly growing small business that offers flexible hours and vacation time with some remote working opportunities.
We’re looking for an experienced Producer to play a critical role in the management of our client video production projects as we expand into the Toronto market. You will work independently, to begin with, in our Toronto office, with the rest of the core team working primarily out of Vancouver. Plans are to grow this Toronto team quickly as our client-base in Ontario expands.
This position is part of an integrated team working in Video Marketing, Production and Client Services. You will steer all tasks, personnel, budgetary and creative direction for a portfolio of assigned projects, being the leader of your freelance creative and production teams, as well as the primary client connection. You will be working closely with the Senior Producer.
You will have a minimum of 5 years of client-facing production experience, with a special focus on corporate communications or marketing agency work (supporting example portfolio required). You have excellent general knowledge and understanding of pre-production, scheduling, production equipment, and on-set needs and etiquette. You have a broad understanding of how to assemble an interview or story edit. You have excellent written and oral communication skills and strong attention to detail.
You are an entrepreneurial production professional who is a self-starter, able to work independently and manage deadlines. This is a mid-career position so, while there is room to grow and learn, we expect candidates to have demonstrable experience and be comfortable in running client meetings, pitching creative ideas and producing video work for clients and large brands.
- Lead the creative direction of assigned projects in your portfolio
- Provide approvals of creative direction on projects, including scripts, visuals, voiceovers, and deliverables
- Act as on-set producer/director as required
- Plan shoots and handle all logistics, including crew, equipment & locations
- Order auditions and voiceovers, coordinate transcriptions and translations, purchase stock music & images, as required
- Coordinate filming logistics including schedules, call sheets, locations, and travel arrangements, as well as talent agreements
- Collect and submit production vendor and contractor invoices for approval
- Roughcut / story edit projects that you are producing, as needed, using the Adobe suite of tools
- Support recruitment of production freelancers, having agreements signed and providing production guidelines
Project Management & Client Relationship management:
- Maintain the client relationship throughout the course of each project in your portfolio
- Lead all client, kick-off, creative and production meetings with team and client
- Perform daily delegation of tasks to editors and animators, ensuring quality and creative vision is being maintained
- Provide the client with weekly project status updates
- Perform all project setup and kick-off duties
- Perform all project ‘wrap-up’ duties, including reports and surveys
- Support the Senior Producer in the development of company processes and procedures
- Work with the Senior Producer and internal teams to support and maintain strong client relationships and strategically develop new relationships
- Create and own the schedule for assigned projects, keeping studio schedules and scorecards updated
- Consolidate client needs, dispatching work to best use the resources available
- Work closely with the production team to ensure they have what they need to perform their daily and weekly tasks
- Act as liaison between Account Managers and the Production department, coordinating daily to be apprised of all changes to project schedules
- Lead project quality control
- Work closely with senior producer and team on projects.
- Flexible to travel to company headquarters in Vancouver, and occasional travel to production locations as and when required.
- Execute high-value content for multiple platforms in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Stay on top of video marketing industry trends, keeping a database of inspiration and examples
- Stay in tune with new technologies and industry trends by attending relevant industry seminars, trade shows, and events